Thursday, March 6, 2014

Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Creamy Concealer Crayon

Let me begin by saying I take my concealing VERY seriously. I need my "unfavorable facial areas" hidden from the eyes of the world for at least 8 hours...sometimes more. I need my concealed areas to look smooth, natural and above all CONCEALED!

I received the Josie Maran Argan Creamy Concealer Crayon in the shade Medium as part of the Josie Maran 5 Piece Complexion Care package I ordered from QVC. The description of this product in the kit is not nearly as helpful as it should be but if you look at the item separately their website says:

What is it: This deeply hydrating, never-cakey, buildable, color-correcting concealer forgives all skin sins--dark circles, blemishes, uneven pigment--without masking that beautiful face of yours. Creamy, blendable, and luminous, it comes with a self-sharpening, twist-up tip so you'll always be on point.

Who is it for: Ideal for those looking to help conceal all skin concerns--including dark circles, blemishes, and uneven pigmentation--with one multitasking, portable product. 

Why is it different: This creamy formula is infused with argan oil to provide hydration and blendable coverage that's never cakey and never tugs or pulls at delicate skin.

How do I use it: Apply to skin and blend with fingertips

Sephora describes this product as a hydrating, ultra creamy, full coverage concealer.

I'd say both descriptions are accurate. (Full Disclosure: I rely on Sephora and QVC for most of my beauty reviews because that's where I tend to shop for beauty products).

I don't think I would have tried this concealer if it had not come in the kit. I'm not one for creamy concealers because I find that when applied under the eyes they fill in the lines in a very unflattering, obvious beacon to my I'm-just-over-30-wrinkles kind of way. Also, when applied to hyper-pigmentation creamy concealers on me usually slip, melt or don't do the job. I tend to go for a liquidy concealer that dries set, like the Smashbox High Definition concealer. This way if I need to build some coverage I am not amassing a small island of product on to whatever spot it is applied.

However, I love this concealer! I love that it's creamy so it sinks in and sets on my skin nicely. It covers what I need covered and if another layer is needed for coverage I'll apply a little dab of setting powder and then another layer of this concealer, blending the edges well.

When applied to a breakout it nicely hides the redness. Unfortunately there isn't much we can do about the texture of a breakout but this concealer does not contribute to dryness or flaking like some less-creamy concealers might. Also, because of the infusion of Argan Oil which is rich in Vitamin E, I think it helps that breakout heal AND helps prevent scarring. That's just my not-a-professional-aesthetician opinion.

I love that it's a twist up crayon because the point allows me to trace under my eyes and around my nose, applying it just where I need it. And, because I apply my makeup on the train, the less product I need to touch with my train-grimey hands, the better. 



It is worthwhile to note that I use this concealer two ways:
1) regular moisturizer -primer - tinted moisturizer- concealer- tinted setting powder (for a full makeup at work face)
2) regular moisturizer -concealer- tinted setting powder (for a quick out the door/weekend face)

If I'm feeling adventurous maybe I'll post a before and after pic on my Instagram (Follow me at BeautyBloom14) with my skin before the concealer and after, a la "weekend face". Leave a note in the comments and let me know if you'd like to see it in action.

Xoxo 
Jessica 

No comments:

Post a Comment